Join Our Team
180 Law Co. is hiring! We’re looking for someone creative, outgoing, resourceful, and detail-oriented to join our team as the Law Office Assistant. This will be a part-time position with a flexible work schedule in a casual and fun work environment. This position is ideal for someone with a demonstrated interested in business, entrepreneurship, and/or the law! Students and law students are encouraged to apply! Scroll down for the full job description and instructions on how to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected] with “LAW OFFICE ASSISTANT” in the subject line. Applications MUST be submitted with “LAW OFFICE ASSISTANT” in the subject line and must include a resume and cover letter, otherwise your application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Law Office Assistant
This is a regular, part-time position that reports to the owner of 180 Law Co. LLC. The pay for this position starts at $12.00/hour with the opportunity to earn more based on experience and education.
The Law Office Assistant will be responsible for creating an exceptional client experience, daily management of business operations and promotion of the firm using traditional and social media marketing platforms, all in a fun and relaxed environment. The ideal candidate will be a creative and collaborative team member.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with all co-workers, clients, vendors and other individuals who interact with the firm
- Manage all client service activities, including scheduling appointments, onboarding new clients, gathering information, obtaining signatures, organizing documents, and maintaining up-to-date records in the client management software
- Handle daily questions and inquiries via email, phone and postal mail
- Evaluate, recommend and develop new processes and solutions to streamline business operations and create efficiencies for the firm
- Manage all new projects by establishing action items, developing timelines for completion and providing regular updates on project progress
- Creatively promote the firm through traditional and social media marketing platforms, newsletter development and by attending local networking events
- Provide insight and feedback on developing new services, packages and better ways to serve our clients
- Maintain a clean, organized, safe and inviting office environment for guests
*This position has the potential to become full-time and the individual in this role may have the opportunity to be promoted to other roles with the firm in the future, including paralegal.
- Attention to Detail – The ability to be thorough and accurate when reading, interpreting and performing tasks.
- Client Relations/Customer Service – To nurture, protect and enhance the relationship between the company and its clients or customers.
- Creativity + Innovation – Questions conventional approaches; shares insights and ideas on how to do things differently; designs and implements new methods of conducting business.
- Dependability + Reliability – Doing what you say you’ll do and not making promises you don’t keep. Ability to be relied upon consistently, from having good attendance to completing work tasks on time.
- Integrity + Honesty – Upholds the highest job-related, business and socially acceptable ethics. Stands up for what is right. Committed to sharing and hearing the truth, even when it’s difficult to do so.
- Resourcefulness + Taking Initiative – Ability to creatively handle new situations or difficulties skillfully and promptly. Ability to see an opportunity or need and act upon it without being asked or told. Acting in anticipation of future needs, changes or concerns. Making things happen; not waiting for something to happen.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, which consists of approximately 20 – 25 hours per week.
180 Law Co. is proud to provide a flexible work schedule. The opportunity to work remotely is also available, upon approval by your supervisor.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in an administrative or customer service role
- Experience using client relationship management (CRM) software; knowledge of Clio or other legal case management system a plus
- Intermediate-level experience using Google Drive (docs, sheets, slides, forms, etc.)
- Proficient using social media platforms (such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram); experience using social media for business a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Reliable transportation to and from the office, as well as local networking events
- Ability to successfully pass a criminal background screening
Preferred Education and Experience
- A certification, associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a legal or business program or a legal assistant certification
- Experience working in a law office setting is preferred; intellectual property law and/or business law experience is highly preferred
- Experience using Clio legal practice management software
- Experience using MailChimp web-based email marketing service
Job duties for this position will be performed in a typical office environment and in the employee’s home or other location of their choosing during remote work days and will require normal office duties, such as using the phone, computer, and lifting up to 25 lbs.
This job posting will be open until 09/15/2018 or until filled.